Thursday, September 10, 2009

Coconut Milk Ice Cream ROCKS!


If you are milk-free and you haven't tried coconut milk ice cream yet, you are truly missing out. This stuff is delicious! I remember the first time I tried Rice Dream ice cream. I grimaced, felt sorry for everyone allergic to milk, and tossed the carton. Soy milk ice cream isn't terrible, but it's really not that great. My son can't eat soy anyway, so it's a moot point for us.

Coconut milk to the rescue. This ice cream, and the chocolate-covered ice cream pops made by the same company, is really good. Giving only the slightest twinge of coconut, this product is closer to milk-based ice cream than any other product I've tried. It is sweet, rich, creamy, and does not have a weird aftertaste. It genuinely tastes good. Most important: our kids can finally eat ice cream like their friends do.

All of the coconut milk ice creams from Turtle Mountain are GF/CF! Even the Cookie Dough flavor is gluten free! Hurray!

One day I hope to make this into an ice cream cake with my bundt pan. It might make a fun birthday cake.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see another mom rave about Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream! Our gluten and dairy-free family loves these. Our favorite flavors are chocolate, cookie dough, and mint chip. My daughter loves the little So Delicious coconut milk pops, too. We also think they taste as good or better than any dairy ice cream. And you're right. These ice creams do not have a weird aftertaste like some other brands. I'm so glad our kids don't have to feel deprived anymore.

    ReplyDelete